Monday, March 18, 2013

Observations 19

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • I came across the following statement in Our Daily Bread the other day that stuck with me. A Christian is a living sermon whether or not he preaches a word. That really does say quite a bit.
  • I passed a hospital the other day whose building was a massive, sprawling brick structure. The place was ornate, pristine, and absolutely stunning in its design. The grounds were immaculately manicured and contained a wide variety of fountains, topiaries, and landscaped areas. It was located on a street called "Hardy Cash Drive". ... No kidding.
  • Passing by the veterinarian hospital near my house the other day, I saw an old lady on her knees by her van in the parking lot utterly broken. The look of pain on her face and the tears pouring out of her eyes told me her story so much more vividly than if she told me herself. I have lived this situation myself before.
  • I came into my lab at work the other day to find the phone ringing. When I answered it, the person on the other end asked for someone named Jason. When I said that they had the wrong number as nobody with this name works in my lab, the person said, "That's alright, he sometimes goes by a different name, I'll try again later." They then hung up.
  • I turned on the radio the other morning to hear the hosts talking about dreams. One mentioned a tale about a vegetarian crocodile who was sad because he couldn't eat children. This made me giggle.