Wednesday, March 6, 2013

iTunes Greatest Hits

For nearly the past year I have been sharing my iTunes purchases with you through this blog. I have been having fun with these posts as I usually have some sort of memory associated with each song. However, with my most recent iTunes post, I shared most five most recent purchases and the "artists" included Britney Spears and NSYNC. As you can imagine this brought much scorn and derision from folks who read this post. I was called a wussy, a bed wetter, a flake of corn. I clearly brought shame upon myself that will likely not be scoured away no matter how hard I loofah in the shower.

After that post, I feel like I have to take whatever steps I can to try to redeem myself. I understand that this will be a long and deliberate process, frought with many possible dangers along the way. As a first tentative step, I looked into my iTunes library and thought that if I shared my most played songs, some modicum of healing might take place. The following list contains my top 10 most played songs from highest to lowest.
  1. Stranger Than Fiction - Bad Company (1992)
  2. There is a Reason - Alison Krauss and Union Station (2002)
  3. Find the River - R.E.M. (1993)
  4. It's My Life - Bon Jovi (2000)
  5. Walkin' on the Sun - Smash Mouth (1997)
  6. Ship of Fools - Robert Plant (1998)
  7. 29 Palms - Robert Plant (1993)
  8. Magnificent - U2 (2009)
  9. Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down (2000)
  10. Little Angel - Bad Company (1992)
Did this list help my case in any way to regain my manhood or am I completely hopeless at this point?